Blog Background

Monday, January 19, 2015

Grampee's 20th Marathon

Every year I say it, but Grampee just amazes me.  Few people can actually say they have run a marathon in their life.  Even fewer have done it more than once.  Only a hero can do it 20 times in a row at the famous Houston Marathon.  Well folks, our Grampee is a HERO and did just that yesterday.  I am amazed at the level of commitment, endurance, and strength it takes.  We celebrated Saturday in preparation by having a surprise lunch that Gamee organized.  We enjoyed some good pasta and ate marathon themed cookies Gamee had ordered.  After lunch, the grandkids helped him warm up by running the side walk.  Finally, we gave our hugs and wished him well as he headed downtown to the Hilton for a good night sleep and the big day.  On Sunday, the whole family gathered again to cheer him on near the finish line.  I must say, of all the years, I think this year looked like his strongest year.  I had to laugh at the picture of him just smiling and waving as he finished 26.2 miles.  We are so proud of you Grampee and your time of 4 hr 58 mins!  You have the biggest fan club EVER and we love you!

No comments: