Blog Background

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Daddy's surgery

Dad has been struggling with neck and arm pain for a while now and has decided to have neck surgery to hopefully feel better.  I was not able to drive down on Thursday as planned for his surgery since I was diagnosed with Strep on Wednesday night.  However, I did get to speak with him and hear him laughing Thursday while Mendy was visiting him in the hospital.  Mendy even snapped a picture of him talking to me on the phone...not to mention him posing for a picture with his Starbucks Frappacino!  Finally, I was able to drive home Friday morning to see him and was glad he was doing well.  He was complaining about the pain, so we stayed an extra night in the hospital to be sure we could manage the pain and planned to go home the next day.  When we got home on Saturday, the pain was still affecting Daddy and he was extremely restless.  It is hard to watch those you love be in pain.  We called Dr. Harper (most amazing doctor in the world!) and changed his medication a bit hoping he could get some rest.  He was still struggling to sleep and get comfortable, but we are all hoping for his speedy recovery!  Unfortunately, I had to leave this afternoon to head home, but I know God will heal him and give him rest.  

No comments: