Blog Background

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's day!

This has always been a special day for me as I have been blessed with an amazing Mom who has shown her love for me more than I could speak of.  Then, to top it off I also have the best Mother-in-love with Cindy.  What more could a girl want?  Well, after we got married, Charles and I started trying to have kids.  We had no idea that that journey would be such a long road.  So, my quest for being a Mom was a dark time.  There were times I doubted God and if he would follow through.  It was a test for me and made me rely on God more than I ever would have learned on my own.  So, during that time I became more aware of what being a Mom means.  I also now stop every Mother's day and pray for the women out there who are still waiting to be a Mom, have lost their children, or are struggling to make right decisions.  Being a Mom is tough stuff.  It is not for the weary or faint of heart.  It is wiping endless noses/hineys, reminding them 1,000 times to pick up the Legos, laundry that never stops, sleep deprivation, selecting the PERFECT thing for show and share at school, fixing lunches the EXACT way that each kid prefers, not overreacting when milk gets spilt, picking up clothes to put in laundry, making time to STOP in the moment and be engaged with them, and just plain loving them through the imperfections.  And for all of this, I am blessed!  I am blessed to wipe these noses and call these 2 beautiful creatures mine.  God knew the timing all along, I just wasn't fully prepared.  So, on this Mother's day I pray that God will continue to bless my Mom's and show them how appreciated they are.  A special thanks to my Cade and Caelin for changing my life and calling me Mom.  I love you both dearly.

No comments: