Blog Background

Sunday, January 25, 2009

One BIG SECRET!!

Here's our SECRET!!! We are now 11 weeks pregnant! God is so good and faithful! Although the road to get here was not easy, we would not trade it for anything. Along our journey to start a family we have learned many things. Some of which include: God's blessings are all around us, the prayer of friends and family is powerful, how to love and depend on each other deeper than we thought possible, and most importantly what the true meaning of total abandonment is. Words cannot express the feeling between our heavenly father and us when we fall on our face and realize only HE (not us...nor any of our bargaining strategies...heehee) is in control and knows what timing is best in our lives.
So...where are we now? WELL, we went in for our first sonogram on Monday the 19th and found out we have one beautiful healthy baby inside! So, below is Baby Hall's first picture to the world. I think it is beautiful and we stare at it daily. Of course others have to proclaim it looks like an elephant or a seal! So, let me help you out by saying that Baby Hall is upside down in this picture! You can even see the sac around the baby and the doctor was VERY pleased that it was so healthy! So, continue to pray for us as we count down the weeks!
"So we have not stopped praying for you since we heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your life will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better."
~Colossians 1:9-10

21 comments:

Lindsay said...

You totally made me tear up in Sunday School. Chills, the whole bit. God is soooo good. I'm soooo happy for you and Charles. Wow! You two will be such wonderful parents. CONGRATULATIONS. I'm so overwhelmed with happiness for you guys, I don't know what else to say! =)

Jaime said...

LOVE the top picture! What a cute idea!! Praying for y'all as you travel through the next several months.

Kim and Eric said...

Yay!! So thrilled for y'all and we will continue to pray that this blessing will grow and be healthy! Love you, Kim and Eric

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Katie said...

I was so excited when Sean came home and told me your amazing news to day. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness!

Mendy said...

My precious "Niephew,"

God is good. We prayed and prayed for you and you were so loved LONG before you were ever a twinkle in your Mommy and Daddy's eyes:) Your first picture is on my desk at work and I love how you are on your head! You will forever be spoiled by your Aunt Mendy, Uncle Chris and cousin Mackenzie. May God continue to bless and watch over you in the days to come, and may you get your Aunt Mendy's brains! Love you all!

M & M said...

Woohoo! I loved the top picture too! Was it a friend? a professional?
And your bottom baby picture actually looks like a baby--maybe this is after seeing several of ours that I couldn't even begin to recognize.
So no twins?

Bonnie said...

Congratulations!!!

Charles and Stacy said...

Margaret...we used our tripod! HeeHee! We had to keep everything a secret, so we had to get really creative! We took it by the front of Glenloch farms... :)

Jason & Ashley said...

I still cannot stop smiling since you told me. When I got home that night I told Jason and he was so happy for you guys, HE couldn't stop smiling either. We are so thrilled for you guys and know that we will continue to pray for you THREE~ agh! I love saying that!!!

Jason & Ashley said...

I still cannot stop smiling since you told me. When I got home that night I told Jason and he was so happy for you guys, HE couldn't stop smiling either. We are so thrilled for you guys and know that we will continue to pray for you THREE~ agh! I love saying that!!!

Shelly said...

Your committment to God is an example for all to live by. I cannot wait to see you guys as parents. It will bring laughter and tears, often at the same time, but seeing the world through the eyes of a child makes everything brand new again.

Anonymous said...

Stacy -

Congratulations!! This is so weird: I never look at blogs, but for some reason I was compelled to look at yours today, and what a nice surprise!! If you need anything, PLEASE let me know!! YAY!!
Kimberly Bennett

Rebecca said...

Charles and Stacy: I have been praying for the two of you to know the blessings of a child of your own...not knowing how God would answer-either birth or adoption. What a thrill when Jaime told me your news! Your mom has been so faithful to pray for us on our journey with cancer so I have considered it a blessing to pray on your behalf. We will continue to pray for your requests. God bless!
Rebecca

Stephanie said...

I heard about the SS lesson and your big announcement....I SO wish I could have been there. I was singing (as Adrian might have told you). I am SO EXCITED for you guys!!!!

Tim and Rachel said...

Praise God!. I am so very happy and glad for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for ya'll!

Nicole said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I check in on your blog from time to time and was SOOOOO excited when I saw your post! God is grand!! You, your little one, and Charles will all be in my prayers for a very happy, easy 9 months! I hope you enjoy every minute of being pregnant! It's such a miracle to experience life growing inside your tummy!!! Please keep me posted on all your progress! Hope to see you soon!!! Hugs, Nicole & Olivia

The Baileys said...

Praise the Lord! Kay told me yesterday so I had to check your blog; you are so creative - very cute picture. Children are truly a blessing- We are so excited for you both.
The Lord is good indeed!
Sending you hugs and kisses,
Mary and Lee

laura said...

I am still praising God for this awesome miracle! He is SO good...I loved how you shared your heart in Sunday School and gave God all the glory. Amen, sister!

laura said...

I am still praising God for this awesome miracle! He is SO good...I loved how you shared your heart in Sunday School and gave God all the glory. Amen, sister!