Blog Background

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Celebrating many more Firsts...

We have been quite busy since our last post a few weeks ago. Here is a run down...

1- GUESS WHO IS WALKING???? That's right, CADE! In a matter of literally a week we learned to take one step, then 3-4 while falling into our arms, then walking on our own! We are having so much fun learning that we can walk wherever we want! Here's a little taste!!
2- First day of School...the first day of school holds a special memory for me. Those who know me well know my Gangaw will always be my biggest role model. Ever since I was in Kindergarten, my Gangaw and I have shared this memory. When I was smaller, she was ALWAYS there for my first day of school to give me a hug and a kiss as I walked out the door. This happened until I graduated high school. When in college, I continued the tradition and called her the morning of the first day. As with every year, she would say, "Here's to another year of making you smarter!" After college, when I started working in Schools, this continued. Only the message was a little different. Now on the first day she would always say, "Here's to another year closer to retirement." Well, Gangaw passed away last September, just after school started. So, this year I was not able to hear her sweet voice say those words of advice for the 24th year in a row. However, I did pause last Monday morning and wish I could. I love you Gangaw, and will NEVER forget.
Gangaw and I in McAdoo, TX where she grew up a few years ago
The Fam the night before the first day of school this year
Another special first!! Lil Ricky (our Godson) started Kindergarten this year! I had the joy of being able to eat lunch with him!

And now for some RANDOM catch-up pics!


Cade playing in his sea of many toys
Look it's a paper vest!
I never get tired of watching this!
Yes, that would be my little angel CLIMBING and DANGLING from his toys! I'm in trouble!
Saying "Cheeeese" at lunch with Aunt Lou and Cousin Rob!
Did I mention we learned how to use a straw last month?
Need a ride?

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Fun pictures! The picture of Cade dangling cracked me up!!! Boys...life is soo fun with them! :)

Mendy said...

Oh BOY is my little nephew a character! I love him sooooo much!! My 2 favorite random pics are drinking Sonic with a straw and climbing his bouncer... Wow Cade. Really?!

Tracy Carter said...

I am always so excited to see a new post on your blog! I feel like I have actually watched Cade growing in person. I do wish you were on Facebook more often as this is so hard to comment----I can never remember my password! I love you bunches!

jessica wilson said...

sooo cute! what a blessing he is!
jessica