Blog Background

Monday, March 12, 2012

Seeing the world through MY OWN EYES

Since the age of 2, I have worn glasses or contacts. My world has never been seen clearly through my OWN eyes. I am grateful everyday for what contacts and glasses have given me thus far. Although I must say, the world is different through my OWN eyes. As corny as it may sound, I am so blessed for this gift of a lifetime. I have noticed in the last 48 hours that I no longer have to follow the lights on my uverse box or alarm system to feel the walls on the way to the bathroom at night. I no longer have to fumble to get glasses to see the video monitor for my babies at night, I do not have to arrange my shampoo/conditioner so that I grab the right one while showering, I can play with Caelin at night without her grabbing my glasses off my face, and more importantly...I can read my Bible without shoving it in my face! So many of us take the gift of sight for granted, and I could never express what Lasik has meant to me. It is truly one of the biggest blessings I have ever had. The gift is even sweeter because my parents paid for it! Thank you Mom and Dad for the best gift anyone could have given me.

I must comment here about the procedure itself and the staff at LasikPlus on Buffalow Speedway. AMAZING! On Saturday alone, they performed 19 Lasik Surgeries. They were kind, compasionate, and SO ACCOMODATING! Ever little detail was explained to me and my family was able to watch the entire thing. The Doctors talk to you and I never felt rushed. The entire procedure took about 15 minutes between both stations. I went home and napped for about 3 hours after the procedure, and I could already see a MASSIVE difference upon waking up! Then after dinner and sleeping the night, I woke up the following morning and had 20/15 vision at my follow-up apt. I am posting pics they allowed me to take below.

Remember, I am so self conscience about my glasses. Because my vision is so bad (900's), I just have never felt comfortable in my glasses, that is one reason why I have had contacts for over 20 years! However, I am posting pics with my glasses (sigh) because I know it is the last time! Thank you God for the expertise in the medical field to provide this, the opportunity for me to be a candidate, and for the financial help form Mom and Dad!

Matthew 11: 4-6 " Jesus told them, "Go back to john and tell him what you have heard and seen- the blind shall see, the lame walk, the lepers are cursed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, and the Good News is being preached to the poor. And tell him, 'God blesses those who do not turn away because of me'".

1 comment:

Carmen Phillips said...

Oh Stacy! I'm so so happy for you! I definitely know the feeling of not being able to see. That's why I even sleep in my contacts (even though I'm not supposed to). I can't stand to not be able to see in the middle if the night or in the morning, especially if I'm in a hurry. Your parents are awesome!