Blog Background

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Here we are, 9 months today!

Ok, I sit here totally balling because my little Princess is now 9 months old! I just don't know how I feel about this. I am happy, sad, proud, and crying all at the same time. This month has been my favorite thus far (I feel I might be saying that A LOT in the future too!) as her personality and interactive nature is coming out. BIGGEST milestone is her crawling! She started this 5 days ago and I have seen it everyday. Each day it is maybe a little farther, and she is getting a little faster too! You can tell she is proud of herself and loves that she can now be a little more independent and get something herself. She can also wave hello/bye, stick out her tongue, and nod her head back at you. She is such a character to watch! Her babbling is getting more frequent and longer in nature. I guess we will give it over to "dada" as her first word, but I am still holding out for "mama"! Her absolute FAVORITE person is her brother Cade. She will light up when she sees him, and he is the one person who can truly make her laugh till she looses her breath. Of course, when Cade is having a 2yr old moment, she can also give him the furrowed eyebrow look as if saying, "WHAT IN THE WORLD are you doing?" I personally laugh at those looks too. Caelin continues to LOVE her pacifier and is toothless as well. I hope we can start getting some teeth soon so our food options can widen...but we shall see. Her food intake is the same as last month, and she continues to sleep about 10-11 hours each night. She is such a happy baby and keeps us laughing at all her entertaining faces. Just recently she has learned that crying will get our attention if she needs something. Of course, since she really has never cried, we tend to be in panic mode to make her stop...thus we are learning to find the happy medium. She will also gravitate toward any toy that lights up or makes sounds. I love watching her little finger hit a switch or push a button as she is really starting to understand cause/effect. She is right at the 50% mark for height/weight, and wears 6-9 month clothing. At our 9mo check up with Dr. Kravitz we measured with the following stats: 18lbs 15oz (50%), 27.6in (48%), and head circumfrence was in the 75%. We are so very lucky to have such a fun and energetic baby. She is truly the most beautiful little girl in the world. We love you Caelin Roe!












1 comment:

Jaime said...

Love all the pictures. She has the most BEAUTIFUL blue eyes!!