Blog Background

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mackenzie turns 6...

how can that be?  I clearly remember hearing her first cry outside the door.  How did our little princess grow up to be a Kindergartner and 6 YEARS old?!  The kids and I drove in to Round Rock Saturday around lunch time to spend time and celebrate her special day.  My Sis (AKA: Super Mom), had the cutest BD party theme ("You scream, I scream, we all flip for ice cream") at a gymnastics place with ice cream sundaes!  The kids loved running around and were super pumped for the ice cream part.  The best part from a Mom perspective is that she was able to be a part of the festivities and ENJOY the party!  That is great planning and I admire that.  After the party, we headed over to my parents house where we got to spend some time with family and some extended family in town from California.  Sure wish I lived closer so that I could have stayed longer, but the kids and I left Round Rock around 9pm heading back home.  As always I had a blast with family and it made me sad driving home and thinking how far apart we live.  
Kennybug,  
We are so proud of you.  What a beautiful little lady you have turned out to be.  I love watching you bounce around with your blonde hair and how you interact with your friends.  It warms my heart seeing you as such a loving friend and polite little girl.  We will always be here for you and please know a phone call is all it takes and we can rescue you at anytime.  Happy Birthday!
Love Uncle Charles & Aunt Stacy

No comments: