Blog Background

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The story of Jesus' birth as told by Cade

Tonight, Cade decided for story time that he would tell me the story of Jesus' birth for a change.  I thought it was a great idea and even gave him his nativity set with felt characters to use.  I must say that I held back the giggling for the most part, and was very proud of my little 3 year old.  You are so smart Cade and we love you!  Here goes the story...

"This is the story of once upon a time Jesus and his Mommy and Daddy.  In came and angel and his name was Gabriel.  Did you know that Mommy? (I shake my head smiling) Ok, well Gabriel told Mary, you will get plump (plump might be from out "Plump and Perky Turkey" book) and have a baby.  And guess what Mary?!!  YOU WILL NAME HIM BABY JESUS!  Then, all the king's horses and men yelled HOORAY for Mary. (I think this might have been a Humpty Dumpty reference) Mary then told her husband who yelled YIPPEE! (Hmmmmm...)  Then they were walking around when Mary was plump and found a hotel that was too full.  Instead they found a stable.  Mommy, a stable is a manger, you need to learn that.  (I smile and say Ok)  So, this manger was cool and had animals and all.  There was a cow next to Mary that said MOOOOOO in her ear.  Joseph saw a donkey and petted it.  Then Gabriel came again and said "Hello, you followed directions".  Mary was happy.  Then baby Jesus came out (at this point Cade pulled the felt baby Jesus that was behind Mary out from underneath her...I was holding back the laughing so hard) and Gabriel flew around in circles saying "YEEE HAW". THE END!!!

It should also be noted that Cade asked why the wise men gave baby Jesus a Frankenstein toy the other night.  This was thanks to Daddy who tried to tell him the specific gifts that the wise men brought...gold, frankincense, and Myrrh.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Ooooh, I LOVE this!! Nick and I were cracking up!!