Blog Background

Monday, August 3, 2015

5 months in Heaven

Had trouble falling asleep knowing what today was, and now just woke up from sleep. About this time 5 months ago I sprinted inside Seton hospital ER in Round Rock after receiving a call from my sis that I needed to come home. It was my Dad. Highway 290 was a long road of tears that morning driving to the unknown. Never would I have imagined that he would be taken from us unexpectedly. I can't believe it has been 5 months. I still feel his hugs and the urge to call him before I stop dialing the phone and remember he won't answer. The pain doesn't get easier in my opinion, but the tears do turn into more times of laughter. I see him in the simple things of life. I know he checks up on me when I need it. Regardless, I just miss him. I have grown to be thankful for the pain as I think that is just God showing me how loved he truly was. Today, in honor of my Daddy, tell someone you love them. I love you Daddy.

No comments: