Blog Background

Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy birthday Daddy

Well, I knew this day was coming. I watched the clock tick Midnight and can't sleep. Today, my Dad would have been 67 years old. The heartbreak is unbearable at times. I would give anything to hug him one last time. I replay all our greatest memories in my head and the last conversation 100 times. Most of the memories make me laugh (cause that was my Dad!), but they also make me sob. I am blessed for this amazing pillow that Gamee made me and that I can hug it each night. A year ago for his birthday Mendy, Chris, Charles and I gave him a fitbit charge. He was super excited at first. Then Mendy and I made him be our friends and would "poke" him during the day to make him exercise (and mostly annoy him). So then he returned it within the week. Hahahaha! This morning as Charles was leaving for work, he threw on a jacket and to his surprise found a Baskin Robbins straw wrapper in it!  We cannot even remember the last time we had been to Baskin Robbins (probably with Dad!), but I am sure it was a reminder that Dad is smiling down on us enjoying his cappuccino blast from the "BR Hospital".  Happy BD Daddy, I love and miss you.

No comments: