Blog Background

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A storm for the record books

It is true…I LOVE THUNDER AND LIGHTENING STORMS! I could sit outside and watch them for hours. Although some of the lightening Sunday night/Monday morning was extremely close and I decided to watch from inside to avoid wetting my pants.  Within an hour I noticed this was not our usual fun storm.  The rain came in so fast and with tornadoes as well.  It was past midnight but looked daylight due to lightening.  We did take shelter in the laundry room once, and the kids helped prepare the house as the rain kept creeping closer to the garage.  We heard news of tornadoes hitting Klein Collins high school and possibly the Willowbrook area.  We had no idea that this storm would be one for the record books.  It has turned into one of devastation and historic flooding for our community.  The morning after we finally went to bed around 5:30am. No damage that we can find to the house, just fence and tree. That was the craziest storm I have been through. Not only do I realize that I am too old to stay up all night…but I am heartbroken with the reality that our community is suffering.  We have some major rebuilding and revisions to do.  Prayers for those who lost everything.

No comments: