Blog Background

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day

Father's Day will always sting a bit since Daddy/Papa has been gone.  I know I was blessed to have him for the first 34 years of my life, but I will always wish for one more minute with him.  The memories I have growing up and with my Dad will never fade in my mind.  He was one of the greatest men to ever walk this Earth.  He ruled with an iron fist when needed and yet was always there to gently wipe a tear when needed.  One of the things that he was good at was telling us how much he loved us.  He was never afraid to say it no matter where we were and he never cared who was listening.  He simply loved unconditionally and I knew I could tell him anything and his love would never waiver.  He reminds me through all the little things that he loves me daily and I cannot wait to see him standing behind Jesus in Heaven.  Happy Father's Day in Heaven Daddy!

We are also blessed to be able to celebrate yet another amazing gift from God today in Grampee. Dad was always there we needed him through sports, orchestra, and more.  He taught us the value of hard work and that talking about love was not enough. Sometimes the most important way to show someone that they are loved and cared for is how far you are willing to go for them or what you are willing to do for them.  Thank you dad.  I love you, Charles

Of course, I cannot imagine a better Father for Cade and Caelin than Charles.  God knew exactly what I needed when Charles came into my life 18 years ago and my life has been a dream come true since.  Some Dad's are great at being a Husband, but not a Dad.  Charles is perfect in both roles.  He has never shied away at any of the hard parenting stuff and gives endless love to the kids.  I know both of our kids know they can talk to him at anytime and they love it when they get "Daddy time" alone with him.  There is no better way to know you are loved than to see their faces light up when you are there.  Happy Father's Day to the King of our house and hearts!

No comments: