Blog Background

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

First day of 3rd and 5th grades

It happened today...masks and all! First day of school pictures were a must with masks and then my fav picture of the day when Caelin got off bus. Did I mention Cade's bus comes at 6:14am?  Here are some answers to questions I asked...


How was it wearing a mask all day?

Cade: Not fun, it was constricting and I had to air it out a lot. 

Caelin: I can breathe through my mask, so thats good.  We have 16 kids in class, so we still wear masks in class.  It was kind of hot at times.


Favorite Moment of the day?

Cade: Learning what kind of pet Ms. Gogan has for the classroom.  It is a leopard lizard.

Caelin: Seeing Mrs. Moline when we were going home. Finding out that Sophia is a bus rider now.


Most confusing part of day?

Cade: Learning that you needed to bring your entire box of supplies.  Leaving was also confusing because they said to go to the band hall and that wasn't on my map.

Caelin: Learning all the new rules and schedule.


How do you feel about this school year?

Cade: Not that worried.  I am glad to be at school with friends.

Caelin: Good.  I am not nervous anymore.


If you could change one thing about today, what would it be?

Cade: Learning that we only get recess twice every 9 weeks.

Caelin: Not having to wear a mask!


Are you excited to meet new friends?

Cade: Yes, but I wish I had more people I know in my classes.

Caelin: Yes, I also have Jocelyn in my class.


What are you most looking forward to this year?

Cade: Having a chrome book.

Caelin: Getting to do a field trip and doing a school program.


If you could rate today on a scale of 1-10, what would it be and why?

Cade: 7, because the day went by very slowly. Things were a bit disorganized and teachers seemed confused at times. I am hoping tomorrow will be an 8.

Caelin: 5, some teachers were fun and others were ok.

No comments: