Blog Background

Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year & Welcome to 2021

Some days I honestly thought 2020 would never end.  It is hard to put into words what 2020 was for our family. It was filled with joy, drawing closer, and also lots of fear and challenges.  I recall several times how I reminded myself that God purposely gave me the word BALANCE for 2020 knowing all along what challenges we would face.  God knew that balancing life with a Pandemic, virtual school/jobs, zoom calls, masks, etc was not going to be easy.  It was a year of strange feelings and new experiences for sure. When I reflect back on the past few years and the words I held close to my heart, I see how God weaves things to help me grow. 2018 was choosing JOY, 2019 was drawing CLOSER, and 2020 was all about BALANCE. For this year, the word INTENTIONAL was laid on my heart. Once you are able to choose joy, stay in his word, and are aware of what needs to be balanced in your life...then I feel being intentional is the next step. Intentional is all about being deliberate in your choices and having a goal with small attainable steps. The verse that I chose to focus on is Philippians 3:14: "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me Heavenward in Christ Jesus."  Will I always do things correct? Of course not.  Will I continue to ask myself if I am being intentional with my decision making? Of course.  Will I grow in faith by striving to be intentional? Absolutely. As we welcome in a new year, new beginnings, and new goals...I will be striving to be more INTENTIONAL each day.

No comments: