Blog Background

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

2 week jury trial complete!

One of the priviledges we all have of being a citizen is assisting with Jury Duty.  Many people hide from Jury Duty, send in excuses, or just do not show up.  I personally feel like it is our civic duty to help with Jury Duty.  So, just over 2 weeks ago I reported to the Montgomery County courthouse in downtown Conroe to serve.  Of over 70 Jury members, the Judge called 14 of us to serve with 2 of us being alternates.  I was shocked to get chosen and then even more shocked to find out it would be a 2 week trial.  We had to be seated in the Jury box by 7:45am daily and then were released around 6pm each night.  I could choose to complain about the work I was missing, how Gamee had to assist with the kids, or the lack of sleep after an hour commute each way...but I see it as a service to others.  When it was all over, we awarded the largest settlement in Montgomery County history with over $20M. The people I sevred with became friends and the Judge was brilliant, funny, and fair to both sides.  I was honored to serve in this capacity. I sure hope Cade and Caelin see Jury Duty as a personal duty to help their community when they grow up.    

No comments: