Blog Background

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Still missing you!

It's been 7 years since I last hugged my Daddy. Honestly, not a day has passed since that I have not thought of him in the small daily things of life. March 3 will forever be a date filled with strong emotions and memories. Seven years ago today, I got a middle of the night unexpected call that changed me forever. After a long day surrounded by family and friends, we held his hands, prayed, sang, and watched Daddy relocate to Heaven. Every year, I relive the week and minutes leading up to this and it is suffocating. If you knew Daddy, he changed you. He had an infectious laugh, would help a stranger without thinking twice, had a way of turning anything negative into positive, and never met a stranger. He was one of a kind and I am forever blessed to have had him on loan from God for the 34 years that I did. We miss you daily Daddy and love you more than words.

In honor of Daddy, I was able to capture my "Mother-in-love" (Gamee) and make a trip to Baskin Robbins today. Daddy called this place the "BR Hospital" and a nonfat cappuccino blast was his order every time. It was worth every calorie and the thought of his smile. I even found out that March 3rd is Baskin Robbins' 33 flavors day. Very fitting that Daddy would share this day with the BR Hospital, ha! Love you Daddy!

No comments: