Blog Background

Sunday, January 1, 2023

SEEK in 2023

Matthew 6:33

Today, another year begins.  With a new year comes a new opportunity for growth. In the past, these words below have helped build my life and character as a focus.  The words I choose each year are directly related to where I am in my walk and the life that surrounds me at that time.
2018 - CHOOSE JOY
2019 - DRAW CLOSER
2020 - BALANCE
2021 - INTENTIONAL
2022 - PRUNING
2023 - SEEK
Last year, I focused on pruning and had to learn that pruning is a reward. John 15: 2-6 states that God is the vinedresser who prunes the life of everyone who abides in Christ and bears the fruit of Christ. If you do not know God, you cannot accurately prune your life.  Technically speaking, to "prune" means to cut off or cut back parts for better shape or more fruitful growth. ... When we prune correctly, we can encourage healthy growth to our fullest potential.  This year, many things were pruned out of my life...actually too may things to list. Some of the things gave me peace to release, some brought tears of joy, and some I held on to for far longer than I ever should have causing a deeper pain that it should have.  
As I start this new year, I considered all the things I need in this upcoming year. I reviewed notes from sermons that touched me deep. I asked God what I need. One word came repeatedly on my heart, seek. Seek God first in all I do. Seek God in the big things, but learn to seek him in the little things as well. Seek him in the daily acts of life.  Matthew 6:33 says, "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God."  Recently, I was reminded that you must know why you believe what you believe and WHO we believe.  If I know who I believe, then there is no reason that I should not be turning and trusting in him everyday in the small moments. Therefor, bring on 2023 and teach me God to SEEK! 


No comments: