Blog Background

Monday, September 7, 2009

Where has the time gone?

Ok, as this weekend came and flew by, I realized that my lil angel is already 4 weeks old today! I can't believe how time has gone! These last few weeks have been filled with lots of adventures by Cade including: almost 150 diapers, lots of bottles of milk, good naps, playing in his playard, staring at people, listening to music, watching his first Baylor Football Game (Sic 'Em Bears, great win!), sleeping on Daddy's chest, listening to Roald Dahl chapter books read by Daddy, and smiling with his dimples when he gets excited! Mommy's last week was not so fun as I had to battle severe Mastitus! If you have never had this, BE GLAD! If you have, you feel my pain...and I mean PAIN! Let's just say I thought I was dying in the ER room a week ago! But, today is a sunny day and we are enjoying family time with the holiday! Aunt Mendy, Uncle Chris, and Mackenzie came in town this weekend to visit and we had a blast! Mackenzie already thinks that Cade is hers and insisted on doing everything with him...including: feeding, diapering, helping hold his car seat, talking to him while he was trying to sleep, bathing him and lots of kisses on his head! Here are some pictures to catch you up, and I will try to be better about updating more, it is just hard to pry myself away from my lil angel!
Pictures by Charles' Brother Christopher...





Mackenzie playing with me in my playard!

Not so happy after being taken out of a warm bath!
Mackenzie holding me
One of my first outings with Mommy and Daddy!
Holding up my head like a big boy
Giving Mommy kisses for all her hard work and milk
This is how I roll...a chick on each side!
All ready and swaddled for my first BU football game! We won against Wake Forest, Sic' Em!!

6 comments:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

I can't believe it has been four weeks! Sorry to hear you had to go to the ER but glad you are doing better.

Chris and Kim said...

Love the pictures! He's such a cutie!

M & M said...

Gorgeous pictures! I especially love the first one! And my goodness! He is already holding up his head!?!

Edie said...

Beautiful!!! I can't believe it's been 4 weeks either! And mastitis - yuck! Yes, I know how you felt. I almost got to come see you a couple weeks ago. My niece and I drove down to south of Houston and I thought I might be able to drop in on you while she went to a concert, but it turned out the concert was downtown Houston - not where I thought it would be and it didn't work out. Maybe next time...

Anonymous said...

he is so handsome! sorry you got mastitus! I never had it but I cant imagine!

My Kai Love said...

Although I LOVE all of these- He is ADORABLE!- my favorite is of the hands around his little feet.... I LOVE babies feet...so cute :)