Blog Background

Monday, January 18, 2010

One BIG Day!!

So, today was filled with excitement like every day...but with some "firsts" in there as well! Since we had the day off, we got to go to our first "play date", if you will, at our friends' house, the Gonzalez'. Aiden is a month older than Cade, so I know as they grow they will be great friends! He also got a chance to meet some potential girlfriends that were 6 months as well. It was quite funny.
Then, as the day progressed I began thinking of Cade and starting his journey into the solid food realm. I originally wanted him on breast milk only for 6 months, but then was thinking it might be good to start him on it now, so that when we go to his 6 month apt in a few weeks we could ask the doctor about concerns or questions if we had any. We read all the pamphlets and books again (just in case we missed anything) and then started mixing it up! For those veteran parents out there, you know that all the excitement was over in a matter of 10 minutes, but it was still a fun memory that I will never forget. Here are some pics and video of him eating. I was so proud of him and I just can't believe he is growing big enough to eat solids! Where'd my baby go??

Testing the Waters...
Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!
Shovelin it in!
I want MORE!!!

8 comments:

Mendy said...

Oh my goodness! That is so precious! Bug was sitting in her bumbo on the kitchen counter at 5 months old, reaching for the spoon as well! Were our kiddos separated at birth like you and I were, and are really twins?!

Anonymous said...

I love that baby!

Nikola said...

OMG! He really likes that cereal. He's too precious.

Meghan and John said...

That is hilarious! It looks like he is ready to feed himself! Such a sweetie.

eb1050 said...

What a cutie! How exciting to be starting him on food! Is that all your breastmilk in the freezer? I think I have milk envy!
Liz

eb1050 said...

What a cutie! I can't believe you are already starting him on food. Is that all your breastmilk in the freezer? I think I have milk envy!

eb1050 said...

What a cutie! How exciting to be starting him on food! Is that all your breastmilk in the freezer? I think I have milk envy!
Liz

M & M said...

Wow! Way to go, Cade! You can just tell by his size that you have been starving that boy! :) (not really--now just wait until he looks like C at 8 months!)