Blog Background

Monday, November 21, 2011

Praising God

We all have those times when you feel life is going so smoothly and all is well. Then, out of left field, God likes to remind us that he created us and we are his. Difficult times in life have a subtle way of bringing us closer to our heavenly Father. So, as hard as it is during troubled times, I try to remember that the outcome is far greater than we ever expect. That being said, this week was one of those weeks. A week ago on Sunday (Nov 13th), Charles and I dropped off the kids for a night at Gamee/Grampee's so that we could celebrate my BD with a nice dinner. We went to Le Mistral downtown and the meal was AMAZING! We dined on escargot, tuna tartare, and beef wellington. So delicious and it was nice to have a quiet dinner with the person I love the most on earth.
Shortly after dinner, we found ourselves on our way to pick up Caelin who had started having severe breathing problems. Cindy had taken a video of her breathing and texted it to me. When I was speaking to a 24hr nurse helpline, we were able to share the video with the nurse who instructed us to take her immediately to ER due to "respiratory distress". We got to the ER around 11:30pm, and were immediately admitted to the hospital. To make a long story short, Caelin stayed in the hospital for 3 days and was on breathing treatments every 4 hrs, steroid injections for her lungs, constant oxygen and an IV drip to help maintain fluids. Her arm was bandaged up due to the IV, so Cade is still convinced she "broke her arm". The final diagnosis was Bronchitis, although they had lost her initial round of blood work for RSV, and Doc feels it was probably a mild case of RSV in the beginning. Whatever it was, Caelin healed quickly and was a fighter! The Pediatric doctor expected her to be in the hospital a minimum of 5 days due to her requiring oxygen. However, God cut that timeline down and gave us a healing miracle in 3 days! We brought her home on Tuesday afternoon and she remained on breathing treatments and steroids until yesterday. Today, she is medicine free and laughing again. Praise God for his miracle and all the support of our friends/family. While in the hospital, we were loved on by so many people through texts, emails, calls, and visits. Gamee/Grampee kept Cade for 3 days (Cade was in Heaven getting all their attention), and our Church went above and beyond sending people to pray with us. Our Sunday school class was the best with keeping up with us and praying for Baby Caelin, we really feel you are our "Life Group". I truly believe that the prayers and love was the reason she recovered so well.

On a side note, Monday was my Birthday and I must say despite Caelin being in hospital was one of my favorite birthday's. After all, I missed work and was able to hold one of my babies all day! I enjoyed our talking, singing, and playing all day. That night was even more special because I was joined by the entire family for dinner and cake at the hospital! Gamee/Grampee brought up Gringo's for dinner (my fav), a Starbucks drink, a RJ Goodies cake with butter cream icing, and double chocolate chunk ice cream! It was the perfect feast.

So, looking back, the outcome was far greater than I ever could have expected! I had a wonderful birthday, Caelin is healthy again, and most importantly...we reminded to rely on God every day and he will direct our paths.










1 comment:

Shelly said...

That made me cry because I have been there. I am so thankful Grammy knows the signs of retracting. So glad she is doing better.