Blog Background

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bearkat Bash

This morning was the Bearkat Bash for Klein High School.  As always, Ehrhardt Elementary showed up in droves.  It was fun to be with the staff and kids.  At 7:30a Cade ran his first race ever with a 1K.  I ran with him and we started out strong.  However, after about 30 seconds, I began to hear, "Mommy, Why do we do this?", "I am hot, Mommy!", and "Running is not cool."  I had to laugh but kept encouraging him.  With some walking in between we finished strong.  At 8am, Grampee was ready to run the 5K.  Since Charles couldn't run due to his back, I slapped on his Bib and ran with Grampee.  Well, not actually WITH Grampee (remember he has run almost 20 marathons!), but slightly behind him.  I like to think of it as the human form of drafting.  Anyway, we finished just over 30 minutes and had fun.  Caelin and Gamee spent the morning walking around and playing.  Caelin got so hot at one point that he hair turned curly and looked like she had been electrocuted.  It was a fun morning with friends and family and we look forward to it next year.   

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Cade, I have many of the same thoughts when I run. :)

Carolyn said...

Wow that hair on Caelin! I agree with Cade- running is awful. How long is your hair now Stacy!!