Blog Background

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Baylor Homecoming

I know all our readers are thinking, "not another BAYLOR Blog"...but to be honest, we are proud Bears because Baylor University molded us into the adults we are.  Everyone has their time frame in life, and ours both came in college.  We learned more about life, love and friendships that one could imagine.  My best friends are all from Baylor, our friendship/marriage started at Baylor, and we still keep in touch with one Professor who means the world to us (WE LOVE YOU Mrs. Arredondo and missed you this weekend!).  As cliche as it sounds, we bleed green/gold because our Alma Matter means that much to us!  So, that being said, we love returning every year for homecoming.
Cade/Caelin both love watching the parade (Cade for the marching bands and Candy, and Caelin for the people watching and lollipops).  My favorite part of parade was when the Nose Brothers came by and one was dressed in a certain sorority jersey while "smoking in letters".  Any Sorority gals from Baylor will laugh at this (well except for the sorority whose jersey it was!).  This year several floats broke down on the route, so the parade lasted a little longer than expected, but the kids didn't seem to mind as they got extra candy time!  We happened to see our friends from church now and were able to watch the parade with them and their family.  After the parade, we walked through the line of sorority/Fraternity floats.  Cade insisted on climbing on a particular float and then when I wanted a picture he gave me his angry look.  Nice, thanks pal.  So, I made sure to put the pic below so that we can always remember how quickly a 3year old can go from happy to sad to happy.  I had a good laugh taking a pic with the Nose Brothers.  Caelin kept looking at them with wrinkled eyebrows trying to figure out what was going on.  We also walked around campus enjoying the weather and showing the kids some of our favorite places.  We walked the path toward Pat Neff, explored Draper (where most of our classes in Education Dept were held), and of course the Bear Pit.  I had to take a picture of Draper room #116.  This is the class where Alpha Chi Omega met for weekly meetings while the Panhellenic building was being built.  This was the room where I had my candle passing to announce to my sisters that I was engaged!  The only two people who knew (I keep good secrets!) until the candle passing was my BFF Lizzy and our Chapter Advisor, Sherri Walker.  Both of them participated in the ceremony and everyone was so surprised when they found out it was me!  Thus, I love seeing that room.  After running around on the lawn outside of Draper, we saw my roomie from Australia (we student taught abroad together), Bree.  We got to meet her three kids and see her husband Kyle.  It is just so nice to know you will run into familiar people all over campus.  After that we ventured to the Bear Pit.  Both kids loved that and Cade kept asking if they could "get out and scratch people on accident".  I replied no, that Baylor Bears are always friendly...and then muttered unless they come across an aggie, longhorn, etc.  After the pit, we were able to catch up with my old roomie Britni for a few minutes.  I was so happy I got to see her cute little belly due in Jan/Nov (this is where I mention that we missed our other roomie Carolyn in St. Louis).
As if we had not had a busy enough day, we then headed to get some lunch and go to the game.  Of course, as luck would have it, both kids fell asleep in the truck 20 min before kickoff.  To avoid not having two screaming children, we missed the first 30 min of the game to get some short naps in.  Once in the game things were a little hectic due to the weather with rain and lightening delays.  Luckily the kids and I just hung out inside the Letterman's Lounge where they found some friends...saved yet again by the lounge!  Once the rain and all passed, we were able to all watch the end of the 4th quarter outside, but since Baylor was up over Kansas 41-14, most fans had left due to the weather.  That didn't damper our spirits though and Cade even had his bear claw up during "That good ole Baylor line".  We enjoyed time on the field after the game before heading to Round Rock to Nana/Papa's.  Sad to think that we only have 8 more home games in our stadium before the new one is ready!  All in all, great Baylor Homecoming this year and we look forward to next year!  Heeeeeeeyyyyyy SIC 'EM BEARS!

1 comment:

Bree said...

So awesome seeing you too!!! We'll def. have to try again at a game next year!! :) Let me know if you are in San Antonio, too!