Blog Background

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

I cannot even begin to type about the fatherly love Charles and I have had over the years.  Truth is, I would just cry.  So, that alone should tell you how much we love our own Father's and what they have meant to us. I have decided to start doing Grandparent blogs, so I will leave all out stories for another time!  Thank you to both our Daddy's for the love you continue to show for us and our family.  Words just don't cut it.  We love you.

Now, I must move on to Charles.  Since this blog is mainly for Cade/Caelin, I will attempt to describe in their eyes what he means to them (although I know I wont come close!).  With the kids still 1 and 3 years old, it is hard for them to put into words how thankful they are.  So, for Cade, I asked him the questions below that might give you an idea of things from his perspective.  Caelin is still finding all her words, so although she is unable to share her thoughts, I thought I would list the top 5 ways that we know Caelin loves her daddy!

To celebrate the day, we ate dinner at Gamee/Grampee's where they had made a special "ice block" filled with treats and toys!  It was awesome!  The kids had to use a hose and tools to dig out their treasures. Cade even got hand cuffs (Oh my!).  Caelin loved the fruit snacks best, of course.  We even got to spoil baby Andrew since his Mommy/Daddy are on a mission trip.  It was fun for everyone.

We are truly blessed to have so many spectacular Father's in our lives and we thank God daily for what each of them gives to us.  WE LOVE YOU!

Top 5 by Caelin:

1- You say "Daddy's home" and her eyes light up!
2- She clings to his legs while he is busy until he swoops her up and gives her kisses.
3- The pure happiness I see when he holds her or sits to read a book.
4- The way she stares at him when he is working.  If he stops and smiles at her, she will go running into his arms.
5- The way she will lean in for a kiss and say "uv ooo" (Love you).


My Hero…DADDY!
By: Cade

What is Daddy’s name?                  “Charles”

How old is Daddy?                          “This many (held up 5 fingers)”

What color is his hair?                    “brown”

What does Daddy like to do?         “eat everything”

What does Daddy do at work?       “nothing but work out”                  

What does Daddy like to watch on TV?               “Aliens and space”

What does Daddy do that makes you laugh?                  
“he does this, “Alalalalalaa” (yelling while shaking head with tongue out)”

What is Daddy’s favorite sport?    “he loves playing with my colored soccer ball”

Daddy knows how to…“jump high” 

Daddy’s favorite dessert is…“ice cream”

Daddy’s favorite animal is…“lion”

Daddy’s favorite color is…“red”

Daddy’s favorite restaurant is…“Chick-fil-A”

Daddy’s favorite vacation is…“the Sea World!  He loves that a lot, so let’s go!”

Where does Daddy like to go?       “the store”

Daddy does not like it when I…“smack his booty”

You favorite thing to do with Daddy is…“play hide and seek”

I love Daddy because…“he loves me!”

No comments: