Blog Background

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Annual Christmas decor highlights

Here it is again!  It is time to highlight the special decor of the year!  First we have a plate that Cade made in his CFBC Preschool class last year.  I LOVE the way it has his hand and foot prints included as a keepsake.  My favorite part is how I know it is my own child's prints as he has a larger big toe and crocked pinky fingers!  The same goes for Caelin's sweet little feet made into mistleTOE she made at school this year.  I also feel the need to add the "Jesus" sign Caelin painted and decorated at our ADVENTure night at CFBC.  The fact that she could choose so many things to decorate it with, yet chose jewels makes me laugh.  She worked so hard at lining up those jewels and I think would have put every one she could find on her sign if we didn't stop her!  Next up is some awful looking macaroni ornament I apparently made in the 3rd grade.  Besides the amazing self portrait, I am stunned at the macaroni art and the fact that someone spray painted it gold.  Mrs. Dufelmeyer was my 3rd grade teacher, and I must have her to think for this work of art...kinda.  Next highlight is Charles' hanging mobile Santa.  Charles made this in early elementary school and I love it.  You can tell early on that Charles was an artist!  Finally, this years final highlight is a card to Charles from his Great Grandma, Mam-ee.  The card must have been given to him in 1990, and references how she appreciates his heart of giving and thinking of her.  That describes Charles for sure!  He has always had a heart of giving.  The picture of Charles with Santa, I found near the card and am thinking Charles was around 11yrs old in the picture, but there is no date on the card.  You can tell by his smile that he is having a LOT of fun sitting on Santa's lap.  I also have to laugh that he looks bigger than Santa...Charles was always a big boy!  Thank you Lord for another year of treasures to remember!

No comments: