Blog Background

Monday, May 11, 2015

A few "Daddy" things

I wanted to post some of the things that have made me smile through the storm of losing my Dad.  First off, his thumb print necklace.  From the time I got it in the mail, I could feel he was there.  It was a strange and peaceful feeling when I put it on for the first time.  It was almost as if he was hugging me.  He has definitely left his mark on this world.  The next things are some books that were donated in his name to the Ehrhardt Library by my staff in Klein ISD.  I hope one day Cade and Caelin check them out!  Finally, on Mother's Day, I had a "Daddy" moment.  We were cleaning out the garage (yes, that is what I wanted to do for Mother's Day!), and I was emptying out a cooler of cokes/diet cokes from a party we attended.  We do not drink cokes, so I was staring in the cooler wondering what to do with them.  When I looked down, one had the name "sweetie" on it.  This is what my Dad often called me.  I got a tear hearing his voice in my head saying, "Love ya sweetie".  Then, I noticed directly next to that can was another can with the name "Dad" on it!  I knew this was a message from Daddy and it made me feel complete again that he is watching me.  I wish a zillion times I still had him to hug and listen to.  I am sure time will heal me in someway, but I know it will take a LONG time.  Love and miss you Daddy.

No comments: