Blog Background

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

One humbling haircut

Today was a big day! I started growing my hair out over 3 years ago in hopes of donating it for people who need hair because of cancer treatments. My life has been touched by SO MANY struggling with cancer. A few are now survivors and a few have already gone to Heaven. I could unfortunately list tons of people affected by cancer, but these were the people whom I started this journey for: Kari Kubiak O'Brien, Terri Jahnke, Gloria McDaniel, and now in memory of Rita Abi-Rached. THANKS to Hair Rescue for the amazing cut, I love it. I was able to cut 13 inches in the back and 9 inches in the front. During the haircut I wore my Grandma Watts' heart ring she gave me and Charles' Grandma's pearls (Mumps), both of whom bravely battled cancer. I enjoyed this journey so much, and was so happy Cindy LeCour Hall came to support me!

No comments: