Blog Background

Monday, December 21, 2015

Hall Family Christmas

I hear horror stories about "in-laws" from many people. I have never understood that as I am very blessed to have in-laws that I love just like my own family. They continue to support our family and love on us no matter what life brings. When the hard truth needs to come out, they are there to deliver it with love and grace.  Tonight we had an amazing night celebrating Christmas with the Hall family. The kids have been excited ALL DAY. Of course when they saw Andrew and Jacob, the excitement continued to grow!  We enjoyed dinner together with Oreo cheesecake and pecan pie.  I noticed all the cousins (except baby Jacob) managed to sneak away a few cookies as well.  Gamee and Grampee showered the kids with so many goodies, Uncle Christopher/Aunt Heather exchanged gifts with us, and Cade was up till 11pm cause "his brain was too excited".  Cade got all kinds of things: Lego ticket to "Brickfest" with a new Lego outfit, Quixsels, PS4 game Plants vs. Zombie, Skylander figures, Stretchkins (puppy), books, remote control pick-up, and Superhero Lego Movie.  Caelin was SO EXCITED to get a doll (named Willow) with several outfits and accesories, Shopkins, Palace Pets (Cinderella), Cinderella Barbie with several outfits, Stretchkins (frog), My Little Pony Rainbow Dash play-doh set, a Frozen themed waffle maker, My Little Pony umbrella, books, and a matching pajama set for her and her new doll Willow.  My favorite blessing of the night was a quilt that Gamee/Grampee made for me. It used patches from many of the shirts my Daddy wore most. I loved seeing the prints and remembering him wearing them all with his khaki dress slacks. The buttons sewed on the front make a star pattern on the back of the quilt. It was all just so special and of course I cried the moment I saw the red patch of the shirt I last saw him in. There is even a white spot on one of the red shirts that Daddy was so upset that "something ruined this shirt".  I cannot say any words that express my feelings other than blessed. Thank you God for such a wonderful night and letting Dad be here with me. My heart aches that I cannot have that last hug, but I know he would be so angry if he saw me crying this much. Love you Daddy, thanks to Gamee/Grampee for one of the best gifts of my life, and more importantly, thank you Jesus for a night of family and blessings.

No comments: