Blog Background

Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year's Eve

As we close out the year, there are so many things I can say about 2015.  Many are not positive at all as this was the toughest year of my life.  It was sometimes a daily struggle for so many reasons. Regardless, I feel stronger now than I did a year ago. I have hit my lowest points so far in my life and I am stronger for each of them. Thank you to those who have listened to me, counseled me, hugged me, put up with tears, etc. I cannot believe I am saying this, but I am grateful for the moments of tears. So, even though this year was the worst yet, I am thankful for the "test" so that I can have a "testimony".  We are called to focus on what is good, true, and right (Phil 4:8) and I continue to strive to be the Proverbs 31 woman of faith.  To end the year, we visited with neighbors in the cul-de-sac and did fireworks together.  Even though we live next door, it is rare that we all are able to just hang out and have fun with each other.  The kids had fun running around together and setting off fireworks.  It was a great evening for all.  Welcome 2016, I am looking forward to the laughter, sunshine, and healing!! 

Highlights of 2015 include: Grampee completed his 20th consecutive Houston Marathon, Caelin did tap/ballet dance classes with a great recital, Caelin started PK at John Wesley United Methodist, Daddy/Papa went to Heaven on March 3rd, Cade lost his first tooth and started Kindergarten, Baylor turned 11years old and had toe amputated due to cancer, Caelin went to ER with a busted chin, we celebrated our 11 year marriage anniversary, Caelin turned 4 and got her first haircut, cousin Jacob Donald arrived, Cade turned 6 years old, Charles had back surgery, after a long journey with ear infections/complications the ENT removed a screw from Caelin's ear, Halloween costumes with Skylander Stinkbomb and Supergirl, Stacy donated 13 inches of hair to Pantene Locks of Love and got a new car, Polar Express with the Parks family, and Charles went to the Russell Athletic Bowl to watch Baylor play in Orlando, FL.  

No comments: