Blog Background

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Daddy

 This time of year will always be hard for me.  Missing Daddy is a daily struggle still.  This time of year is for family to be together, which always stings a bit.  I always notice that empty chair, missing phone call, or see the families eating dinner together.  I wish I could have that last hug again.  I wish he could see Cade and Caelin and how much they have grown.  I wish I could hear him say he is proud of me.  So many things "I wish" for and I know reality is that it will never happen.  Through the tears, a few friends shared with me a song for missing loved ones at Christmas time.  I am grateful that I see this time of year different now.  Christmas is a celebration of the coming of our Savior.  I do believe that with all my heart.  While we enjoy celebrating with family, it is more about us celebrating our Savior.  Knowing this, I have come to realize that MY DADDY gets to be face to face with this miracle who we celebrate.  We celebrate on Earth and yet...how can I long for my Daddy to be with me if he is sitting next to the man we are celebrating!  How amazing is that thought?!  
So, while I miss and love you Daddy more than ever...have fun celebrating Jesus’ birthday with him in person.  I love you.

No comments: