Blog Background

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A Proposal

I want Cade and Caelin to always know what a special day January 4th is...therefore, it shall go in the blog books! 

14 years ago, we were in Grapeland, TX for what I thought was a weekend of relaxation and fishing with our families.  However, it was so much more.  It was a magical evening surrounded by both sides of our family, and I had no idea!  Charles' parents, my Dad and Grandmother "Mumps" had snuck off and lit about 100 candles forming a walkway down by the dam.  Rose petals covered a walkway toward a bench.  Once we got down there, Charles led me to the bench (while I kept telling him we had to leave cause we were gonna ruin someone's surprise!).  When we arrived at the bench, he read me some verses from the Bible and then reached into his boot where he had hid the ring.  Immediately he dropped to one knee...and well the rest is history.  After our excitement, we drove back to the house where we were greeted by our parents cheering.  We celebrated by going to a local Mexican Restaurant ("Little Mexico" in Palestine, TX) where they sang "For he's a jolly good fellow" to us while we wore sombrero hats.  So, happy 14 years of engagement to us!

No comments: