Blog Background

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Happy Birthday Daddy

Today Daddy would have been 68 years old. It is hard to imagine that 2 years ago we celebrated with him yet today will be a quiet day and we cannot call and make him laugh by singing. Yes, he is with Jesus. I would never want him to come back to Earth and give up the greatness of Heaven. I know these things and believe them with all my heart. However, a part of my heart is still missing and I know always will. It is hard to explain the pain in my heart when I go to dial his number or listen to old voicemails.  For 34 years of my life I had a man love me unconditionally.  It didn't matter what I had done or what I forgot to do.  I honestly cannot think of a question that I never asked or was afraid to ask.  Why?...because I knew he would never think less of me, be honest, and love me regardless of my sins.  What a legacy and a true Daddy he was.  I pray that one day when I am in Heaven, Cade and Caelin will say the same for me.  I hope I show them unconditional love and about forgiveness and grace.  So many times I did dumb things and my Daddy could have turned his back on me, but he didn't.  I am confident it never even crossed his mind.  What a beautiful love that is!  Most people do not see that kind of love in their lifetime.  However, my Mom, Mendy and I lived it.  To celebrate the day, it is tradition that everyone eats ice cream (Daddy's favorite).  So, while Mom and Mendy/kids went to Baskin Robbins in Round Rock, we celebrated with our ice cream at home.  Thinking of you today and always Daddy. We love you.

No comments: