Blog Background

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Foam Roller Drama

Reflections on my encounter with these contraptions people call sponge rollers. My friend gave me some to try (as she giggled) and I was so excited and committed to the process. It will be an "adventure" they say.


Reflections:
- I am gonna do this right! Look how fun this is (as I roll my damp hair) at bedtime.
- Why is my forehead so big?
- Man, these are not so easy to sleep in. But my hair is gonna be amazing! Trust the Process Stacy.
- Cade wakes up in the morning and asked me if it is "old lady dress up day" at the office. Start taking out rollers and realize half my hair is still attached to the deadly foam. My receding hairline is not happy. Patience wears thin as my kids start laughing and I realize I am gonna be late for work. 
- Rollers are now out, tight ringlets hanging and I ponder how to fluff it out. I do what my impulsivity tells me...bend over and shake it out while attempting to run fingers through it. 
- I now look like my Poodle with permed hair the size of Texas. I decide to try and pin it back and run out of house. 
- I drive the rest of the way to work with my head halfway out window trying to tame my mane. It helps only slightly. I decide to just own my new found perm...however, my foam roller days are officially over. 

No comments: