Blog Background

Sunday, May 13, 2018

A day to remind us of our blessings

Today is a special day indeed where we celebrate our Mother's.  It is tough to even describe how blessed and thankful we are for our Moms, Nana and Gamee.  We are aware that many children in today's society do not have a Mom as special as ours.  Charles and I were given such loving homes growing up with Mom's that support us unconditionally.  Both worked hard to provide for the families, wipe tears, make lunches, ensure homework was done and we were happy.  The drove us to countless practices/games, church socials, and school events.  Both were homeroom Mom's and still support the classrooms we work with today.  There are just no words to describe how blessed we are.  The best compliment is to say that I strive to be just like them as a Mom.  I want to be such a great Mom that my children receive the same legacy  I do and also want to be this great.  I pray the impact is just as great to Cade/Caelin as it is to me.  Thank you, Lord, for these beautiful women of God that you gave to us!

I also have to say thanks to Cade/Caelin for allowing me to experience Motherhood.  These two amazing individuals fill my heart daily with love and continue to make me laugh daily.  I can remember clearly the day that the first doctor told us we could not have kids.  My heart was shattered to pieces.  Through the rubble, I learned to trust God even when things are "not right" in your life.  We learned that God's timing is not our timing and that his timing is always PERFECT.  From the first day Cade was born, I never want a day to pass without making sure my babies know they are loved.  So, every night we will continue to sing Amazing Grace, say our bedtime prayer, give kisses on the forehead, and tickle each other to our song "I love you more".  Today makes me smile because it is a reminder to me of blessings and promises by God. 

No comments: