Blog Background

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Papa's 71st Birthday

Today we celebrated Daddy/Papa's 71st birthday at the "BR Hospital", his favorite.  I got the nonfat cappuccino blast of course and it was yummy, but I longed to have Daddy next to me stealing sips.  Papa was our rock and left us all with a legacy. Not a day goes by that he is not remembered. I replay every last talk, hug, and weeks in my head. I hear his voice on saved voicemails and I am grateful to have been his "Sweetie". My heart still aches and feels too heavy to carry at times, but I am learning not to be selfish and remember all he has in Heaven and that we will see him again one day. Although we still have tears, we have A LOT of moments of joy and laughter in our memories. We tell stories almost daily and see him in the little things around us. You would be so proud of us all and the way everyone has grown, especially Mom. I am sure you get a kick out of looking down on the grandkids and I never forget you laughing at me when one of them was acting up and saying, "This is payback."  Thank you for being the BEST DADDY and Papa to us all. We all love and miss you...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! "3"

No comments: