Blog Background

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Having 20/20 vision...

I think it is important to rewind a few years.  2018 focused on choosing JOY so that I did not miss the MORE in every moment.  That year the verse "TODAY is the day that the Lord has Made," Psalm 118:24 was one to remember.  It was perhaps one of my biggest years of personal growth.  I learned (many times the hard way) that happiness comes first from within, not other people.  This past year 2019 was focused on drawing closer to Jesus daily, James 4:8.  I set a goal to read the Bible again in a year. I did this most mornings on the way to work or between campuses as part of my daily walk.  I was not perfect and still have 2 months left before completion, but that is ok.  The point is that I still have not given up on a goal!  I also strived to uplift others daily who were in the midst of struggles based on learning to choose joy in 2018.  Ephesians 5:16 was a big part of 2019 which states to "make the BEST use of time".  I wanted to focus on making sure that GOD was the center of my day and never forgotten with all the things that pour into our lives and can take away our focus.  In thinking about 2020, I want to strive for 20/20 vision in finding BALANCE.  Balance for my spiritual, mental, and physical well being.  2018 was the word JOY, 2019 was the word DAILY, so it is only fitting that 2020 is BALANCE.  I want to maintain joy as well as daily time with Jesus, while applying balance.  Balance is such a small word with a big meaning.  I am praying that through this year, God can teach me about finding the right balance in all I do!

No comments: