Blog Background

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

5 years

5 years ago today my life stopped and then flipped upside down. I got the middle of the night unexpected call that changed me forever. After a long day surrounded by family and friends, we held his hands, sang, and watched Daddy relocate to Heaven. Every year, I relive the week and minutes leading up to this and it is suffocating. If you knew Daddy, he changed you. He had an infectious laugh, would help a stranger without thinking twice, had a way of turning anything negative into positive, and never met a stranger.  In fact, he was like another father to so many friends and even my best friend from High School, Jeff Nicholas, visited Daddy's grave in Lubbock to say hello.  He was one of a kind and I am forever blessed to have had him on loan from God for 34 years. We miss you daily Daddy and love you more than words.

No comments: