Blog Background

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

6 years

6 years ago and still not a single day goes by that I do not think of my Daddy. Today I am struggling and just do not have the words. I wore the blank onyx ring to make me laugh. This was the first ring he gave to Nana when they were dating. It was around Christmas time and Nana thought it was going to be an engagement ring. When Daddy and Mommy gave it to me, Daddy was laughing and said, "I was 18 with a hard on." Needless to say I was shocked, disgusted, and now I laugh when I wear the ring. The pain may not sting as much, but it still takes my breath away. I wish I had his hugs, his words of wisdom, and his little notes "just because". I pray that everyone can be this special to someone else. In honor of Daddy, we will do an act of kindness today for a stranger.

No comments: