Blog Background

Saturday, December 11, 2021

A big scare

There is nothing worse than getting a call and hearing a loved one is in trouble.  Around 4:00pm yesterday, I called my Mom to check on her as she was driving to our house.  Mom answered with "I have been in an accident."  I immediately grabbed my car keys and headed out.  Somehow, Mom wound up on the opposite side of traffic on 290.  God clearly protected her as no other cars were involved.  She did hit the metal wire median and the car was pretty damaged.  When I arrived on scene about an hour later near Brenham, Mom had already been transported via EMS to Benham hospital.  I took care of the wreckers, dogs, and getting everything out of her car and then headed to the hospital.  After CT scans, Xrays, bloodwork, and more...we were released around 11pm last night and started heading home.  We finally were able to get in bed around 2am this morning.  Thankfully, Mom did not have any major injuries.  She will be sore for a few days, but we are glad she can rest and relax at our house.  Thank you God for answered prayers of safety while traveling. 

No comments: