Blog Background

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Squad Retreat on Lake Conroe

These 3 ladies (Anna, Megan, and Emily) made my 19th year in Education my best one yet.  Early on, I knew I would be forever grateful for KISD seeing the vision of a behavior team at the district level.  Little did I know that this SQUAD would mean so much to me.  Our jobs are tough.  We are challenged daily to uplift students and teachers alike, coach in the tough moments, deescalate students (and sometimes staff), create individuals programs for success, and change the district for the better.  We spent EVERY day with countless texting, brainstorming, holding each other accountable, and uplifting each other.  No one saw our tears, injuries, times we felt defeated, or the times all we could do was hug each other tight (except you, Em...ha!).  In those moments, our bond became unbreakable and we will always be each others ride or die.  I know God has called me to do what I do in life for a reason, and these 3 brought my purpose back to the forefront for me.  I cherish them more than words.  Megan said it best when she wrote, "We can leave work together Friday, spend all weekend together, and be excited to see each other again Monday morning. This team is EVERYTHING."    

No comments: