Blog Background

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Grapeland Peanut Festival

Growing up I always looked forward to going to the Peanut Festival with my grandparents after they moved to Grapeland, TX. It has been many years since I have been able to attend, and the family has never been. Well, the wait is over, and everyone made it this year! On Friday night, Grampee, Cade, and I attended the Grapeland Sandie Homecoming Game. Then the next morning started the parade. There were old tractors, old cars, horses, and as always, the Peanut Queen contestants themselves on floats. After the parade was over, we drove to the fairgrounds. There we shopped the booths of vendors selling all types of items. Whatever you are looking for from arts and crafts one-of-a-kind items. Cade bought himself a practice switchblade and I am pretty sure Stacy and I got swindled when purchasing a raffle ticket for a golf cart. What hit the spot though were the giant smoked turkey legs. They were delicious. Grampee and I even found ourselves registered in a washers tournament. Despite giving it our best, we lost in the first round to the team that had won the championship in prior years. It was still fun though. It was fun to simply relax with the family and enjoy the live music throughout the day as various groups, singers, and musicians performed.

No comments: