Blog Background

Thursday, September 25, 2008

This is your Life, are you who you want to be?

After my Sister's true "blog" from yesterday, I feel that I must respond (for those out of the loop, click on the link to my Sister Mendy's blog on the left and read). My sister is truly an amazing woman with so much love and passion, that I feel it is good to recognize that bad things happen to good people. As a Christian, I believe whole heartedly that God never hands you more than you can take. No matter what LIFE hands you, God has it planned out. So, we must all realize that people will disappoint us...yes, even the ones we love most! Our best friends, siblings, parents, co-workers will ALL disappoint us at some point. We are human, sinners by nature, and this is a fact of life. We ourselves will even be the product of disappointment to someone else at some point. BUT, anyone ready for some positive news?? It is how we handle ourselves and treat others during the disappointing times that will determine who we are as a person. In this case, My sis exemplifies what we should do. God calls us to turn the other cheek (no matter how strong the fire), show love, and PRAY for those who persecute us. One of my favorite songs is by the band Switchfoot and it is titled, "This is your Life." In the chorus, the singer asks one very profound qustion that we should all ask ourselves..."This is YOUR life, are you who you want to be?" Ask yourself this question often, and if you are happy with who you have turned out to be, then pray for others to feel this way. Is it hard to pray for those who hate you, of course. Is it what we are called to do as Christians by Christ? YES!

2 comments:

Mendy said...

Thank you Sis. Do you realize that so much of what I have learned and a large part of the woman I am today is because of you? My "little" sister (not younger, haha)has taught me so much more about life and love than she could ever imagine.

Tim and Rachel said...

Nice Blog