Blog Background

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Decorations

So, the task of decorating for Christmas is complete! Here are a few pictures...

NO, it is not your imagination...there are hardly any ornaments on the lower half of our tree. This is because Baylor loves to play with/eat ornaments! I guess it is his hobby while we are at work...rather than playing with the bigillion toys we have bought him! I thought it would be important to show the damage of an ornament hung too low...this was a dancer that I got when I was 5. Today it hangs proudly in a plastic baggie with no arms or legs.

NOW...for the best ornament of all...this was something I made when I was 2!! Yes, it has nuts, painted smiley faces, and a feather on top! I do not know where my creativity and artistic joys went...but as you can tell, I was very talented back in my younger days.
"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care..."

Here is a smaller tree that has ornaments from our Baylor University days. This one is fun and has ornaments from Football, Alpha Chi, and roomates. The angel on top was my parents' first angel they bought when they got married over 40 years ago! I love it and it will always be my favorite Christmas Angel!


This is Charles' favorite...J/K...but he puts it up for me anyway. They are huge candy canes that we made with help from Charles' parents! I think they add a nice holiday touch to our own little "Winter Wonderland" on the front porch...

7 comments:

Kim and Eric said...

So pretty! Love the vintage ornaments. You've got some major talent there!

M & M said...

you were way more artistic than me as a child! My childhood ornaments are hiding on the back of the tree :)

Lindsay said...

Y'all are so cute! I love your ornaments and decorations! =) Thanks for sharing! Thank you both for all you did to help us last night. Y'all were amazing!

Lindsay said...

PS - I love the Starbucks cup ornament near the top of your tree!

Stephanie said...

Too cute!!

Mendy said...

Did you REALLY showcase the nut ornament? You nerd.... I love your decorations, perhaps my personal favorite is the dancer with no arms or legs. You know you are jealous of my girl scout ornament and my felt bell with my second grade pic in it, you know the one where I had one eyebrow?!

Anonymous said...

the decorations look great! glad you found my blog now we can keep up with each other!! hope things are going well! christmas break soon yay!