Blog Background

Thursday, July 23, 2009

36 weeks Pregnant...so many changes!

I simply cannot believe we are 36 weeks pregnant! In just a short time, he will be here and our lives will change for the better forever. My favorite thing about watching Cade grow up is going to be watching Charles as a Father. I know it sounds sappy...but I just love Charles more and more everyday and I know he will be the most amazing Father. I can't wait!

We also went to the Doc this week and found out we are 1 centimeter dilated...so he is coming soon! The Doc predicted 2-3 more weeks, 1 week before our original due date of Aug 20th. We go this coming Tuesday for our last Ultrasound and we will possibly know more then! So, stay tuned!

Cade has been such a busy little man! This week he has done so much, read below!


"Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely he's in a head-down position." --www.babycenter.com

4 comments:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

1 cm...I'm getting excited!!!

Unknown said...

Stacy you look gorgeous! Enjoy these sweet moments before your life changes forever. Someday you’ll ask yourself what you did before your baby arrived and you’ll hardly be able to remember. I arrived on your blog randomly and I really like your posts and your pics aswell! I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories online. If you are still stuck take a look at the search thing at http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ as you can search by meaning and origin - i found it really helpful when thinking of what to call Marlow. Finger and toes crossed for you and your baby! Jo

Mendy said...

Oh, Cade. You have no idea how much we adore you. We love you little pumpkin and even though it will be hard work being born:), I know you will do great! The air is wonderful out here and we can't wait to meet you and be a part of that first breath you will take. My bags are already packed!

Meghan and John said...

What a beautiful picture! I am so happy and excited for you two. I can't wait to meet Cade.