Blog Background

Friday, July 17, 2009

5 more weeks...or until the due date at least!

So, here is what Cade has been up to this week. He has also located the exact place in my ribs where he is happy and seems to "crawl up there" or put his feet as soon as I lay down to sleep. My blood pressure has continued to be perfect always around 110/60 and his heart rate is constant in the 130's/140's. I won't comment on my weight (hehehe), but Cade seems to be growing at a fast rate with increasing strength (AKA: punches and kicks). Charles and I laughed out loud the other day when we read in our book that we may notice him slowing down and not moving as much. NOPE...Not my lil over achiever!! He has only gotten stronger and more frequent! But, I have to admit, it is a good feeling to know he is there and moving!! I still wouldn't trade anything for this experience, and I continue to thank God daily for the gift of Cade.

"Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight." --BabyCenter.com

3 comments:

M & M said...

David never slowed down at all either...and he was rather large, but not cramped enough! :)

Meghan and John said...

Stacy that is so exciting! You are so close and I can't wait to meet Cade. Congratulations on making it through the last 8 months. Hope to see you soon.

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Go Cade!!!