Blog Background

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The family member often forgotten

Between the needs of an infant and a 2 year old, our sweet Baylor is often forgotten. We got Baylor when he was just 9 weeks old in August of 2003. Until August of 2009 when Cade was born, he was an only child. Before Cade was born, I was worried that he would be jealous or mean to the babies. Boy was I wrong! Baylor has been the PERFECT big brother to Cade and Caelin. Sure there are some times when his roughness gets the best of Cade, but he is always watching over them. When Cade would cry as a baby and I would be in another room, Baylor would come and stare at me as if saying, "Go Mom, he is CRYING!" I catch him laying next to Caelin when I fold laundry, or he will lay next to Cade while he watches a movie in our bed. He has such patience in the times Cade attempts to "saddle up Baylor" and grabs his collar (this is usually followed by a short ride where Baylor drags Cade until Cade lets go of his collar). When we all get home in the evenings, Baylor is there to greet us all with excitement and play. So, although sometimes we forget to stop and give you love, we treasure and LOVE you Baylor. Thank you for all the love you give us daily!


1 comment:

EdLee said...

I have to say, even tho I have only met Baylor once, he seems to be one of the coolest dogs around!!! Hopefully Hondo will continue to be just as sweet with Abby (and any other children) as he is today.