Blog Background

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Movin' In

I was recently blessed with the oppurtunity to take over Ehrhardt Elementary as its newest Principal. I understood that there was a lot of work that would have to be done in my new role.

I knew it was important to make sure the staff knew that I appreciated them and looked forward to working with them for a long time to come. We came up with the great idea to give each of the staff members a sticky note pad that said "I'm sticking with you." They all loved it. Of course I got some much needed help with the project. Stacy did the labels and my parents helped watch the kids as Stacy and I went to every office to hand out the post-its the evening before my first day. It was a long night, but definately worth it.

One thing that I was not prepared for was outfitting and decorating an office. I am definately one of THOSE guys when it comes to decorating. I was perfectly happy with my desk, bookshelf, and table. I had some pictures of the family on the bookshelf and some framed prints on the wall. I was content. Thankfully my wonderful wife and loving mother decided to intervene and gave me some decorating help. I am sure that I frustrated them several times, but they stuck with me and helped me decorate. I am now the proud owner of several pieces of wall art, an entry table, and decorative lamps. In the end the office is looking great. The teachers continue to give compliments. Thank you Stacy and Mom for sticking with me and helping me!
















2 comments:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Congrats on being principal!

Carmen Phillips said...

Way to go Charles! Love te sticky note idea! And the office looks great ladies!