Blog Background

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sea World

After T Bar M, "just us 4" were able to spend 3 days at Sea World and San Antonio at the Hilton Hill Country Resort.  We choose Sea World for Cade to celebrate his 3rd BD a little early.  I knew he would love it, so his BD party will be a "Sea" theme.  The hotel was amazing and it was perfect for us.  My Sis told us about it: about a 3 min drive to Sea World itself, lots of activities for kids, and very reasonably priced!  They had smores outside by the fire pits every night and an outdoor movie with popcorn as well!  Being able to split up Sea World across multiple days was the right thing to do with two small kids.  That way we could sleep in at the hotel each morning, do McDonald's on way to Sea World, spend all morning/early afternoon at Sea World, and then go back to hotel for late naps, hotel fun, dinner, and smores/movie outside.  It was the perfect and RELAXING schedule.  Both kids had a blast and Cade still talks about it.

Caelin enjoyed seeing all the sights and eating snacks (my kinda girl).  She was not such a fan of touching any animals or being too close to the bigger whales/otters, etc.  Each time we went close she would tighten her fists on us and wrap her legs with a death grip on us.  Not to mention a look as if to say, "are you INSANE?!".  But she did love all the animal shows, bright colors, and people clapping.  She was such a big girl and would clap right along everyone else.  She also enjoyed the bright fish in the aquarium part.  Her favorite part was the "Sesame Street Bay at Play" area.  She loved the splash pad and water features.  She did not want to leave that part AT ALL.

Cade was too funny.  He loved everything at Sea World, especially the Ski Show.  Don't get me wrong, he loved seeing the sharks, Shamu, dolphins, sea lions, etc....but he was SO EXCITED when we saw the ski show and he could watch all their tricks and flips.  He was screaming for the performers and putting up his hands showing "number one's" on BOTH hands.  He is my dare devil for sure.  I should have known he would appreciate men jumping on skis more than a whale that weighs a ton doing flips/tricks....hahaha.  While there, we purchased our usual book for each kid (we buy them each a book when we travel or go special places and inscribe on the inside about our travels), and let Cade pick out some toys.  Rather than the usual whales, lighted toys, etc...Cade picked some Pirate toys.  This was great for us since they were in the bargain bin, so he got a pirate hat and LOTS of pirate men with parts.  He played with them every day (in the car, in the stroller, during shows, and STILL plays with them.  I guess we got our $5 worth!  I think we may have to spend for a pirate ship for his BD...shhhhh!  The other night I asked Cade if he had fun and what his favorite part was.  I loved his response.  He said very matter-of-factly, "The Hotel Mommy!"  I inquired more to his answer, and he said, "I loved playing pirates, cars, and red light/green light with all of us in the room".  There it is folks...life lesson #1 again, enjoy the smaller things and spending time together.  And for the record, yes... Charles, Cade, Caelin and I did in fact play a competitive game of red light/green light in our hotel room.  Of course I won every time.  :)

Charles and I's favorite part of the trip was our last morning when we fed the dolphins.  Caelin only did one fish and was not excited at all.  Cade, however, loved it.  He tried to pet the dolphins and was successful a few times.  He commented between laughing, "They are sooo cute and smelly!"  I think he was smelling the sardines he was feeding them!

Words cannot say how much fun we had as a family.  So many memories were made and we were able to just spend time together and enjoying everyone's personality.  Can't wait to start planning our next Vacation!
I must end with a comment about the last picture of the boots outside of the Mall.  I was born and lived in San Antonio until I was 10yrs old.  When my Sis and I were younger, Nana/Papa would tell us those were "Uncle Ray's Boots".  So, I couldn't resist snapping a pic of the boots as we zoomed by on our way out of town.  Brings back such a funny memory from my childhood!  When we drove past I commented on the boots and Cade replied, "No Mommy, you are silly.  Those are not Uncle Ray's boots, those are Uncle Corey's boots!"  Not sure how he came up with Uncle Corey (Corey does not wear boots)...but I guess the tradition has now been passed down another generation!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I LOVE that y'all played "Red Light/Green Light" in the hotel...sounds like FUN!! Tell Cade we've missed him and can't wait to see him. :)

Shelly said...

You will have to come see us at the River then if Cade enjoyed the ski show. It happens everyday. Not the pyramids, but the jumps, flips etc. Tony can even do a flip on the wakeboard.