Blog Background

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Houston Chamber Ringers

We had a beautiful Saturday at the Tomball Jet Center thanks to a sweet Coworker of Charles, Julie Brand.  She is a member of the Houston Chamber Ringers and got us tickets to enjoy the show and tour a B17 bomber.  The kids had a blast eating snocones while listening to music in the hanger.  However, their favorite part was by far climbing up into the bomber plane and seeing everything.  I learned what a "Ball Turret Gunner" was and was shocked at the tight spaces inside the plane despite how large on the outside it looked.  I have family members that worked on bomber planes in WWII, so it took me a while to catch my breath when thinking about them inside and fighting enemy planes.  I am continually amazed at all our service people who made our home free because they were brave.  My favorite part of the day was running into a familiar face!  I knew he looked familiar and it took us both a few seconds to place each other.  After a few questions, I knew right away our connection!  It was Dr. Mike Alderson, my Assistant Principal at Round Rock High School for all 4 years.  He was a kind man who supported every one of my crazy ideas.  It was a joy to run into him and connect again even though we were 2.5 hours away from Round Rock, TX.  Finally after a few hours we toured some other planes on our way out.  It was such a fun family event and we were blessed by the opportunity.  Thanks Ms. Brand for the tickets!

No comments: