Blog Background

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is so very special to us.  First and foremost because we are blessed enough to have 2 great Moms in our lives.  Our Mom's (AKA: Nana and Gamee), are the most loving, caring and thoughtful people we have ever met.  Charles and I both were talking about how lucky we are and how blessed to have such fond and loving memories from our childhood.  Neither of us can ever remember a time when we were not loved and cared for.  The sacrifices our Mom's made for us were never as clear for us until we had our our children looking to us.  So, thank you first to our own Mother's who have made us who we are and taught us to rely on God and each other.  The best part about looking at how lucky we are is thinking about the women who raised our Mom's and Dad's.  How can we be so blessed to have generations and generations of such amazing women and examples?!  Thank you Jesus for providing.  We love our Mom's more than anything and our love grows daily.

Now, I will try to do this next part without crying.  It is a good thing our computer screen doesn't have a camera or you might see that "ugly cry face" start soon.  Being a Mom just changes EVERYTHING.  I never let a Mother's Day pass without praying for those women out there who long so hard to be a Mom.  It wasn't too long ago that I was crying out to Jesus for him to work a miracle in us and provide us a child.  My heart ached and I was bitter at those women who did have this blessing.  I can remember people asking me, "Have you just given your troubles to the Lord?".  And I can clearly remember thinking, "Of course I have you crazy person?!" (maybe it sounded a little different in my head).  However, one afternoon after almost 4 years of fertility troubles, tests, and dead end roads, I broke down.  By break down, I mean the true ugly cry on my closet floor and questioning God about who he is and why I can't have "just this one thing".  It was in that painful moment I realized I had not truly given it over to God.  I learned total abandonment that day.  That day changed my life forever.  It was a lesson in patience from my heavenly Father and that he will provide what we need in HIS TIMING, not ours.  Little did I know that I was already 3 weeks pregnant that day!  So, to all the women out there who feel pain on this day for whatever reason, just know God will heal you, and God will provide what you need in his timing.  As the song goes, "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord".

This brings me to about 5 years later when I have been blessed with 2 amazing miracles ages 2 and 4.  What a magical day of reminders of joy and faith that came from pain.  We started the day with breakfast in bed for me!  Both the kids brought in breakfast of waffles, eggs, and strawberries and a LOT of syrup, ha!  They also gave me cards where they answered some questions about me.  Those were my favorite!  After breakfast, we headed to church with Gamee and Grampee.  Cade got to attend "big church" with us and even went to the front with the rest of the children for a Mother's Day chat.  I was so proud of Cade for not only going up alone, but also raising his hand to answer the questions of "What can you do to show your Mom love today?"  He was called on and replied, "I can wash dishes in the kitchen".  Well that would make any Mom proud!  After church we ate a great lunch and played outside with the kids.  It was a magical day or rest, love, and family.  I am so grateful that God trusted me with two of his own, and I just love my job as a Mom more than anything else.

Happy Mother's Day to all the women out there!  Even if you do not have children of your own, God has used your nurturing and love to impact someone along the way.  THAT makes you a Mom as well.

No comments: